The Digital Content Specialist
The Digital Content Specialist is a content creator, editor, and strategist who standardizes and optimizes customer-facing digital content. The successful candidate is detail-oriented and has a talent for creating & organizing scientific and marketing content to make it accessible and engaging to customers.
- Collaborate with strategy team to build creative, unique content strategies that map to high-level business goals, serve the needs of a brand’s target audience, speak directly to readers’ interests, and map to all stages of the customer journey.
- Work with the brand strategy team to ensure the brand message has been achieved through the creation of the relevant content and distributed in the best way across all channels.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews and leverage industry best practices to build content governance models.
- Conduct content inventories, audits, data analyses and brainstorms that result in recommending content, features and digital experiences.
- Synthesize requests and input from a wide variety of sources into a cohesive multiplatform content plan.
- Present clients with custom solutions and build coherent roadmaps for their content programs.
- Identify and create proper distribution and amplification plans for social content, projects and campaigns, including influencing content creation and paid media plans.
- Collaborate with creative teams and visual designers to create smart, innovative digital content solutions.
- Work with clients to develop and set-up and multiplatform content plans and editorial calendars (including budget, schedule, tools, etc.)
- Assist in production of storytelling products.
- Write, edit, and oversee the creation of all brand copy, from email, social content, marketing collateral to large scale marketing campaigns. This includes marketing campaign copy and tag lines, video scripts, social posts, articles, product descriptions, website copy, emails, and in-store signage.
- Experience working with clients and external partners on content strategy.
- 1-2 years experience in journalism/content creation is a plus.
- A university-level degree in Advertising, Marketing, and/or Journalism, Graphic Arts, Design or Communications.
- Very detail-oriented, with excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills.
- Experience building audience personas, conducting content audits, and developing global content strategies from scratch.
- Cutting-edge knowledge of content marketing trends, case studies, technologies, and everything in between.
- Professionalism and a confident, consultative approach to client-facing interactions.
- Strong analytical skills and a hard work ethic, high integrity, creative and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to quickly understand business needs as it relates to a specific industry, then translate complex ideas into an editorial vision.
- Strong writing, editing, creative and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to take complex information and distill it down into clear, concise, and easily digestible content.
- Working in an award-winning digital agency in the coolest office building in Rotterdam
- Working on challenging projects for cool and well known clients
- Fun colleagues, Friday afternoon drinks, summer bbq's on the roof terrace